Tuesday, January 6, 2009

new semester

Another year, another semester. New faces and new challenges. Its not getting easier, works compiling and my table does not look like what it was a year ago. I look more like a dumpster now. It takes me hours just to find my pen.


I am an expect in procrastination, believe in last minute works usually produce fantastic job. Since the adrenaline rush to the whole body, gives you that tingling sensation somehow makes you more creative. That is not the case now because somehow that tingling sensation starts to centre on the heart area. So before I end up in a hospital and link to wires that linked to a machine, I should do something quick.


Class has started a week ago. I got 4 hours of lecture, 8 hours of tutorial, 2 hours of research supervision, and 4 hours of proposal supervision. That makes a total of 18 hours per week. Quite a handful for a lecturer I tell you. Some other universities for example only limit contact hours of only 6-8 a week. But then again, it is better than what I had in my previous university.


Total subject to be taught is 2 with 6 research papers to supervise. The total number of students this semester is around 200. That is a lot of papers to mark. Just imagine this semester alone I need to mark at least 200 mid term exam, 200 final exam, at least 70 individual assignments, 30 groups assignment and 2 proposal reviews and I research report. By the time I am done with this semester, I will have to buy new spectacles.


Total papers to write, 2, one for national and another one for an international conference, excluded the student’s manual cum text book. Total conference to attend 2 at least, and total training hour to finish this year is 56 hours. There is a conference in Madrid, I am eyeing on that one. But that if only I can finish the research on time, which I don’t think I can. And I’ve already rejected a summer school in Germany because it took so long to complete it.


I will update how the classes going later.


cherio

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

buena suerte

bravo bravo ;P

GraFiQuE said...

nak ikut! nak ikut! nak ikut!

Sankai said...

research? what? ur doing ur masters is it? or is it PhD ?

sounds exciting!