Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Confident

Something funny happened while I was giving lecture yesterday. I had a 4 hours straight class. Two hours of knowledge management tutorial*, which I chatted in the ym while they were busy doing their knowledge acquisition exercise, and followed by a two hours quality management lecture*.

*tutorial is when i sit and smile, lecture is when i talk non stop.

(yes i got paid to sit and talk, so sue me!!)

So my mood was not very good at that time (my mood was never good anyway) and I had not had taken my lunch, because I was busy doing something else. So being very hungry and mood swing, I kept on giving my lecture and talks for hours. Luckily the new students were being very attentive, because they somehow knew I am not in a good mood. Students are very good at this thing.

As I was talking, almost reaching the first hour, two female student walk in the lecture hall, and just looked at me and nodded a bit and quickly find their ways to the empty seats. I was disrupted so I stop talking for a few second. The whole class went silence. I was a bit upset and flabbergasted, but then I continue talking.

After a few minutes, they got up and walked out of the lecture hall and said sorry. They went into the wrong lecture hall. Everyone was laughing, and I myself cannot contain the smile on my face.

Then my mood was oke a bit.

So moral of the story is, sometimes in a most unlikely situation can actually changed to something positive, only if your keep your composure and being optimistic and open about it. Never jump to a conclusion and do not react too quickly without giving it a thought.

Those two girls were confident and they were actually very early to their class, if their class starts at five that is.

No comments: