Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kuala Lumpur - Damai Laut Swiss Garden Resort and Spa Fun Quest.

On the first of November, a few friends and I were supposed to participate in a fun quest challenge cum treasure hunt competition by Katma, or catma or something like that. Basically it’s the Perodua Owner Association or something.

The race started from KL, Pandan Indah right to Damai Spa and Resort Lumut. The overall race took around 8 hours and 400 kilometers in distance to complete. We were given a tulips (a treasure hunt map, treasure hunters will know what tulip is), a list of activities to be done, RM57 for the activities among others.

Those who loves treasure hunting knows that treasure hunter competition or fun quest is the one of the best way to get almost free vacation, where everything else is prepared for you. For example, the fees for each contestant is RM90, and you’ll get shirts, caps and some other saguhati, comfortable hotel accommodations and 3 meals including breakfast lunch and dinner. But most treasure hunter enters a competition not really because of the cheap vacation, but for the thrill and exhilaration of the whole games and journey, but of course with one thing in mind, that is to win the competition.


So my highly competitive friends Kimi, and I, were ready to compete with his two other friends which I will call by their middle name Dumb and Dumber. Only that, dumb did not picked the phone until the night before the competition and said he is not going, and dumber sent an sms 6 hours before the competition that he had a family problem and could not make it.

Fuck!

So, I complacently agreed to go along with kimi. The only problem was, in one of the instruction, clearly stated that we need to go to Batu Caves and take pictures of “Gua”. And I reckoned that they will ask up to climb the Batu Caves. Both myself and Kimi are physically challenge although we are not OKU, because we will die of horrendous death due to lack of oxygen if we were to climb the stair. Because our stomach consume too much oxygen.

So around 2 am in the morning (just to stress the morning part) I went to a friends place and asked them to join us for the race which will be held around another 4 hours. None of them agreed to it, only until I used my ultimatum which is to beg and made up sad stories, how I would do anything for them even it will hurt me and how I will sacrificed anything for their well being.

It works.

Two of them, Naim and Zizi skinny ones agreed to join.

So we get back, had a little nap, and by 6.30 am we were all geared up for the competition. So our journey begins.

First task was to shop till you drop (literally) in Tesco Cheras. We had to buy few things from a list given. Being me, I had to do something funny so I decided to turn myself into a bowling ball and falls like an idiot face front and knocked a few flower vases. Luckily no one saw me falls, except I heard some loud giggling at the back, but I was so busy racing I did not turn to see who was laughing at me.

Fuck.

Second task, as I was expected, we went to Batu Caves and select of members to climb up the stairs and take pictures of himself.

Third task was to go to templer’s park. There we were given the traditional coconut grater and had to grate 100 grams of fresh coconut. That was kacang putih for me.

Then we shoot straight to Teluk intan for the next task, where each team had to eat 2 big bowls of ice kacang. I participated in this quest, because I thought I would be kacang putih too. But I was so wrong, I had a brain freeze and almost end up in a hospital.

Then from teluk intan, we went Swiss Garden Damai Laut Spa and Resort for a golf game (not the entire course, just on the green) and then after golf we went to the resort for the last game which was to put 3 pingpong balls blindfolded into a plastic container.

So each of us took turn to play the games, and it was fun. And I had a lot of great time.


So after the event, we rested for a while, went to the beach, attend the prize giving ceremony and then we went to lumut esplanade to eat Ice Kacang again. The very next day, some of us went to the Katma Annual general Meeting; while those did not attend the meeting plays some more beach activities and telematch.

My team, Kimi, Zizi, Naim and I, did not go to the AGM or join the telematch because we slept right until its time to check out.

So here are some of the pictures of the fun quest.











The Pantai Bharu Team



My team


Everyone was waiting to play golf for the first time in life



Lumut dorkyard





Where is this, forgot already



Tit man. hahahaha



Sila abaikan dagu tersebut.



Mat rempit



lumut esplanade










Lumut esplanade in the afternoon


lumut



lumut Jetty







vandals









Local government wasting money on cement arch that serve no function.



damai laut


the beach


the bitch



the island
Ohhh, did i forget to mention??
We won.
hahahahahaha.





oh my goodness, that is one bloody fat man there in the picture. i wonder who he is.

tapi third place sahaja. Oke lah, dari tak dapat apa. They had to minus 5 minutes because the second place team have only 3 persons.