Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Invigilation again.

Just a short one. Something i want to share so that i would not forget later.

When i invigilates an exam, other than walking and watching the students work their asses out to answer the question and find any possible ways to copy from their friends, i usually read the question papers, and try to answer some of the questions. Just to see, if there is any mistake, and at the same time to challenge my knowledge on a subject matters that have relation to my expertise.

wahhhhhhhh, expertise katanya.

Expert le jugak sikit-sikit

Anyway, one of the paper i got to invigilate was a macroeconomics paper. I just love macroeconomics when i did my undergrad, because unlike unit based analysis of microeconomics, macro look at the overall pictures of an economic situation and it is very dynamic and confusing since we have so many schools of thought discussing on the same matters, with different explanation but getting the same answers and solution.

So as i was reading, i came across a question which i think is funny.

The question was,

Q. Which of the following is true about the effect of inflation?

And one of the possible answer was,

A. Inflation promotes social harmony by uniting people against the government.


Of course the answer is wrong, but it is true in a way. The lecturer setting the question must be voting for an opposition party or someone very witty.

When we think about it, many government was toppled when a citizen revolution or coup de tart happen when they are not satisfied with the economic condition, especially when the price of goods increases and there are no goods to consume in the market, i.e inflation.


We have so many creative lecturers and students here.

Speaking about creative students, once in my tutorial I asked the students how knowledge management can be used by the government to integrate and streamline their service delivery. So I asked them the relationship of the government and how many type of government we have.

Most students answered 3, but there this one particular student who answered 4!

So I asked him again, how come there are 4, where does the other one come from, and he answered,

“Yes, sir, there are 4, which is The Federal Government, the State Government, the Local Government and last but not least The New Government

Of course he was just joking, but I just love creative students; they make the class livelier.

Another thing I realized is, every time i read the instructions to the students, and before I let them write anything, I would end the instruction with a statement “dengan lafaz Bismillah anda boleh bermula”

I have been doing that since ages, and when I work here, I started to do the same thing. After a few semesters, I realized that most invigilators now, when it is time for them to read the instruction they will end with the same sentence,

“dengan lafaz Bismillah, anda boleh bermula”

I am not saying, I started it, but then again I never heard it said before in the previous exam. So I guess, dan dengan perasannya, said, I did have an effect to some of the colleagues here.

Emmm.

I am so proud of myself.

Hik hik.

No comments: