Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why we dry clothes outside the house

First of all, the achievements for these past few weeks.

I became an MC for the faculty Raya Open House, although they had meeting few week before, but only told me about it the day before the event. It was more of a bidan terjun thingy, when a senior lecturer who supposed to be the MC thought it was wiser to give the responsibility to a junior like me, a day before the event, so i would have more experience in public speaking (he may have forgotten that i maybe a junior here, but i have been teaching for like 9 years already)

Fcuk!

Well, I did it, and got a pat on the back and praises for a work done well by some of the member of the faculty.

Again in another occasion, being the junior in the department, I was asked to become the presenter of the finding, for a workshop held in the faculty, attended by the dean and faculty deans, because the seniors in my group thought it is only fair that I do it for training and learning process.

Fuck!

I was 2 hours late for the workshop seminar, and I don’t know head and tail of the seminars discussion, but I did it anyway, i presented like a true professional (i.e being a clown infront of everyone and make sick jokes) and guess what, now I am the advisor for the BACAS internalization team and I got 2 extra epjj slots next semester.

Out of the sudden, the dean came to me while we were having tea after the workshop and suggested that I lead the BACAS internalization team. Don’t ask me what internalization means, I don’t know just yet, but I dare not say NO, so I said yes. You never say no the dean, or you will be doom forever. I wasnt so sure the title actually. Was it internationalization or internalization, one of that for sure.

And also of the KPs for long distance learning, came to me and asked me if I could teach two slots for the epjj students next semester, and I agreed reluctantly and showing my sad face because I will have so many things to do next semester, but i will still do it for the sake of the faculty and the benefit of the students (but instead I was screaming and smiling like crazy inside, because I wanted it so much since the payment one epjj course (4 classes only per semester) is around RM3000 each.

EPJJ stands for e-pendidikan jarak jauh. We only met the students 4 times in one semesters, and all the teaching is done through the internet, read : paste your notes, slide, and reading material in the internet and they have to work their way themselves to pass the exam and you just goyang kaki waiting for someone to bank in the cheque. Its easy money i tell you.

Pakcik kayooooooooooooooo!!!

Yuhuuuuuu Back to the question today, why do we hang and dry our clothes outside the house?

One reason is so that the clothes will be dried faster because of the sunrays and the moving air and wind.

Secondly so that your curtain railing does not tercabut from the wall.

Oh hell, die lah i this time.

It was raining the whole day, in fact it rain inconsistently this week i am scared to hang my clothes outside. So, instead i hang it inside the house. Since i don't know where to hang it, so i used the curtain railing instead.

What happen next??? And according to the Murphy’s law, the whole railing collapsed.





This time i am really fuck.

Mother is not around. She is at my sister's house this whole month. If she sees this, she will lost her mind and hell will break loose and i am surely going to get it. I have been calling a list of friends asking if they knew anyone who can fix the railing but to no avail.

Moral of the story is, some things are invented for a single purpose only, and i cannot be innovated to multitask, such as the curtain railing (especially when you try to hang 4 oversize jeans, some trousers, t-shirts and a few shirts)

Well, what to do, accident does happen.


So anyone reading this, please please please help me!!!

Please!!!

6 comments:

raden putra said...

1. black & decker hammer drill rm199
2. screws & wallplugs rm2

then

1. electrolux dryer rm999

or one of these at rm230 -> http://cgi.ebay.com.my/Brand-New-Multi-function-Portable-Clothes-Dryer_W0QQitemZ370098780107QQihZ024QQcategoryZ20715QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GraFiQuE said...

next taim just dried it at ur `spouse' house... ehehe

Don't worry about the wreak. Just presented 95% of ur first paycheck to ur mom. She will mum about it. ahaks... 5% is for me ar!

Sir Mute Key Chicks said...

kekekek.
apolah gi gantung baju kat situ.iskiskisk

Shah said...

Do what I do and hang the wet clothes on the exercise bike or any other exercise equipment that's gathering dust....

Unknown said...

take the curtains off

get a ladder or chair standing by

go to the hardware store ask for wall plugs, or you can briefly explain what happened and they will give to the plu to fit it the hole that you make, this will allow you to screw back the screw

if you dont have a drill, you can use a bit of elbow grease to do the job, send the clothes to dobi to be dried..

next time dont do it, buy a those clothes drying rack at tesco

Kelomok said...

HAH!! found ya..hik...