Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cabut Gigi

The pain has been lingering for quite sometime now. I went to see the doctor almost a month ago. The doctor do not want to do anything since the nerves is still in pain. Pulling out the teeth will make it even worst. So I end up eating a lot of pain killer, mostly consist of ponstan.

A few days after that, I feel occay, and the pain eased up a little. After a couple of day, it disappears altogether. So hurray, I thought. I don’t have to see the dentist anymore. I am like almost 4 billions other people in the world are scared shit of dentist.

But a few days ago, it came back. But, now it’s even worst. I cannot chew my food properly, and have to eat using the left side of my mouth. And I look like cow doing it. And every time I eat something when the food somehow got into the hole of the teeth, I feel like killing someone.

Sunday was the worst. I was in the midst of class, I was giving quizzes to the students and suddenly it was there. The sharp pain and I have another hour to go. I teach while I was crying. Tears were coming out of my eyes, while the students look in amusement. Only after the class ended I told them what had happen.

And then yesterday, I could not take it anymore, but I have class and could not make it to the dentist. I have to meet the dentist. I cannot wait any longer. The pain is unbearable. I realized that every time I have class, the pain comes. Meaning every time I open my mouth, I will feel the pain. Maybe it is because of the excessive saliva, or air getting into the teeth, or something. So it sums up that I have a hole in one of my teeth.

So today, I went to see the doctor to do something about it. But the doctor said, the teeth have been impacted by the wisdom tooth. And there is nothing she can do about it but to pull it out.

Never did I imagine the pain, I just said “oke”

Then she took out the metal syringe. Then only I remember why I hate going to the dentist. The machines they have are scary. After a few jab, I could not feel anything. But the first time she poke the needles it was bloody painful.

Then she took her pliers like gadget and she pulled and pushed and pulled and every time she did that I felt like my head is going to explode, and then there it was my mandibular second molar right after my wisdom tooth.

I was bloody big, the one we see is only 1/3 of the whole teeth, while the 2/3 is still imbedded inside the gusi gums.

She shows me the teeth and how the teeth is all rosak already.

Now, after a few hours of feeling numb, i am starting to feel the pain when the anesthetic is now no longer effective. The blood keeps on oozing, but someone I am relief because I am no longer in pain.

Goodbye my dear teeth, you have served me well.

No comments: